Monday, May 13, 2013

A Picture in Picture Layout

The Layout
I hope you had a great Mother's Day yesterday! Besides celebrating Mother's Day this weekend, I also went to a National Scrapbook Day crop at my LSS, Pages from the Heart. Before working on any DT projects, I made sure my first project was one just for fun. Here are my two doggies frolicking in the backyard.


The App
I recently installed a free photo app on my phone called PIP Camera, which takes fun picture in pictures. Here are some sample pictures which I took during the NSD crop.


I took this of myself to text to my friend who was late in arriving to the crop. I was kind of embarrassed to be taking a picture of myself, but no one at the crop even batted an eye. I guess selfies are so commonplace.


When my friend, Becky, did arrive I took this to show her the app. 


I see now that she is drinking and texting and not scrapping. The store owner came by and said, "It's Becky in a bottle." And I replied, "Yes, don't rub her the wrong way." So that is a little taste of what goes on at our crops.

The Details
I really love all the sketches on Paper Secrets' blog so I used the May 1st sketch as the starting point for my layout. 


Besides using their sketch, Paper Secrets always add a twist to their challenges. This time the twist is to use a Polaroid on your layout.

I started by taking pictures of my doggies using a frame from the PIP Camera App that looked like a Polaroid picture. Here is a picture of Hanxi that I didn't end up using.


After I had everything laid out, I realized that I had forgotten to pack any letters for the crop. Luckily there was a set of glitter Thickers in the paper kit that I brought. Also luckily, it was the right scale and color for the layout. Becky gave me the mini alphas and another friend, Ruby gave me a key. Thanks ladies!

 

Upon returning home, I looked through some wooden embellishments that I had because I knew I had a camera. What I didn't know was that there was a Polaroid camera too! I added a small piece of photo paper to simulate the photo magically appearing. I remember thinking when I was a kid that Polaroid cameras were so awesome. I guess everything comes full circle. 


Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper - American Crafts (Amy Tangerine, Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic)
Chipboard Die Cuts - American Crafts (Dear Lizzy Neapolitan)
Wood Die Cut -  Studio Calico
Foam Letters - American Crafts Thickers
Mini Alphabet Stickers - Doodlebug Design Inc. 
Punches - Creative Memories (Hearts), EK Success (paw print)
Ribbon - May Arts
Chalk Ink - Prima Marketing Inc. 
Pen - Sharpie
Dimensional Glaze - Inkssentials (Glossy Accents)
Brads - Creative Impressions
Metal Key - miscellaneous 


I'm entering this in:
Paper Secrets - May 1st Sketch
Get Inky! Challenge - #4 Die-Cuts
Make it Monday - #140 Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stoppin' by,

13 comments:

Becky said...

Crops get pretty wacky! Love the layout! :)

DIANA L. said...

I saw you on MIM I am # 10 I would
Love to have you visit.
Super duper layout Love all the details
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Caroline said...

Love this layout and that picture of your dog is very clever. I need that App for sure

Christina Collins said...

Love the photo effects. So fun!
The layout is gorgeous. So many fun layers!

Danielle said...

I really need to check out that app, love the effects!
And such a beautiful layout, love the colors and papers you've used.

Kelly said...

What a wonderful take on the sketch and your choice of papers! Adorable photos too! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Secrets! :)

Tracie Marie said...

Fun Fun page!

Margie Higuchi said...

Adorable page! Love how you did the picture frames - very cool! Great & fun app! LOL!!

Rochelle Spears said...

love how you did the polaroids and the colors in your layout are so vibrate! Love it!! Thanks for playing along with Paper Secrets! :)

loz said...

Fantastic Page. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome layout!!! Great photo techniques too - so cool!

Unknown said...

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing at MIM!

Jessica Pascarella said...

What a wonderful project! The die-cuts add such amazing details! Thanks for playing along with us at Get, Inky! Challenge
!
Jessi DT

Post a Comment